Tuesday, February 11, 2014
If you have been wanting to try a large variety of my macarons, I suggest to come see me at this little/large event next month. I'm really excited (and nervous)! There will be a lot of unique vendors and activities. It's going to be a blast for reals.
More information on their beautiful blog: http://www.vintagewhitesblog.com/
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Macarons are fun because the possibilities are endless with how you can personalize them. These macarons were wedding favors for a reception that had gold details everywhere. They fit in perfect.
I filled them with Salted Caramel buttercream ( my personal fav).
I also wanted to see what these looked like with a different filling. I tried a White Chocolate Raspberry Ganache. Ok - here is the recipe because you've got to try it:
50 ml Whipping cream
100 gm White chocolate
50 gm Pureed Raspberries (mine were frozen but fresh is probably even better)
1. First place pureed Raspberries in a small saucepan. Place on a medium low burner until they reduce a bit. This gives you a more condensed flavor and doesn't mess with the consistency of your ganache. Place the reduced raspberries in the the refrigerator to cool.
2. Chop white chocolate to small pieces and place in bowl.
3. In a saucepan bring the cream to the beginnings of a boil.
4. Dump cream over white chocolate. It will start melting the chocolate. Stir until a smooth consistency is reached.
6. Uncover ganache and give it a stir and make sure its smooth. Add the raspberries and stir until incorporated.
7. Depending on the texture you may need to put it back in the refrigerator for a while. Otherwise you are ready to fill your macarons with this delight.